Seeking Experienced Head of Machine Learning
Mimoto takes a radically different approach to cybersecurity. It is the only XDR (extended detection and response) solution provider that focuses on the human involved in cyberattacks. The Mimoto XDR SaaS solution utilizes machine learning to analyze every time a human interacts with systems. It proactively detects and responds to active attacks that exist within the protected perimeter, then stops or alerts about them in near real-time.
This is an opportunity to own the Mimoto machine learning function. As the Mimoto Head of Machine Learning, you will contribute to how machine learning is utilized in current and future products, will build and lead a talented machine learning team, and serve as the external face of the organization’s machine learning function.
- Architect and develop machine learning algorithms for current and future products and processes.
- Collaborate closely with business, engineering, and product to realize the company’s strategic and technical vision, providing machine learning-related recommendations for current and future products.
- Build and lead a world-class team of machine learning professionals which will grow as the company scales.
- Be a hands-on leader and mentor the team in the latest machine learning technologies and processes.
- Manage project priorities and ensure timely delivery.
- Develop and evangelize the use of machine learning across Mimoto. Serve as the company’s machine learning expert at conferences, in webinars, and for publications.
- Will report to CTO and work closely with them and the Principal Engineer to define product specifics; will also work closely with data engineers to ensure a full understanding and utilization of machine learning outputs.
- 8+ years combined hands-on professional experience building, deploying, and managing production machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science of which 3+ years should be in a role where you’ve managed teams of machine learning, artificial intelligence, or technical professionals, ideally in director or above leadership role(s).
- Has a proven track record of driving innovation, enhanced products, and impacting business goals
- Familiarity with the practical aspects of machine learning is required.
- Familiarity with the following technologies and frameworks is required:
- ML Technologies: Spark, MxNet, TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn
- AWS stack with a specific focus on the following solutions: EMR, Glue, Sagemaker, ECS/EKS, Lambda, CloudWatch
- Data stack: Snowflake, Grafana, SQS/Kafka/Kinesis
- Proficient in Python and OOP languages like Java
- ML model pipelines, orchestration frameworks, micro-services architecture
- Experience in deploying complex and large-scale machine learning algorithms and advanced modeling solutions
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, ideally in computer science with a focus on machine learning, mathematics, or physics. Advanced degree a plus.
- Problem solving energizes you.
- Willingness to work in an early-stage environment which at times will have ambiguity and competing priorities.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the proven ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Exceptional ability to articulate a complex concept with thoughtful, actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated management ability, including strong communication, coaching, and prioritization skills as well as high EQ.
- Works effectively with cross functional teams to build trusted partnership.
- Possesses patience with the ability to be passionate about their work while being respectful of others.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salaries and stock options
- Multiple medical, dental, and vision options
- Life insurance
- Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid holidays including election day
- Home office set-up stipend
- Monthly Mimoto Cares Packages – past packages have included grocery gift cards, gift baskets, office tools, etc.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and application at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Head of Machine Learning referenced in the subject line.
Mimoto is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or genetics, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by law.